English classes and workshopsHow to find a Kita in Berlin (english)
Kosten: 59 €
Please register via this link
Whether you’re expecting a baby in Berlin or have already given birth, this workshop is the right place for you to learn about the following:
- Kitagutschein (Kita voucher): what is it, how to apply, your entitlement
- Overview of various types of childcare: Kita, Tagesmütter, private nannies, co-working with childcare, etc
- The various types of Kitas and their differences (public, private, EKT, etc)
- How the Kitas manage their waiting lists and how they allocate their spots
- How to conduct your Kita search and maximise your chances
- How to best plan your parental leave to avoid stress with childcare
- What alternatives can you look into if your search hasn’t been successful
- How to claim reimbursement from the state if you could not find a spot
- Organisations that can help in your Kita search
The course is organized as a series of explanatory videos discussing one topic at a time. You can view the videos in one setting or over the course of several days / weeks. You have the option to stop the videos, view them several times, etc.
I have also taped a video showing you how to fill in the application for the Kitagutschein so you know what to put in which field.
In addition to the videos, I have included a number of checklists as well as templates for contacting the Kitas and Tagesmütter for those of you who may not be fluent in German yet. The course also includes an excel list of Kitas in Berlin. Links to contacts for co-working offices complete the course as well as names of nanny agencies and organisations which are able to conduct the search for you.
This course is for you if:
- You are an expat / international person living in Berlin and you and / or your partner are expecting a baby or have just had a baby
- OR if you just moved to Berlin
- You are looking for a Kita spot
- You don’t speak much German and are lost as to how to maximise your chances
- You don’t have a lot of time to trail through the internet to find all the answers
- You want to be able to get everything done in your own time and schedule
This course is offered by Baby in Berlin, Germany’s maternity concierge for international parents, offering help and advice for your pregnancy, birth and early family years.