English classes and workshopsElterngeld & Co. (english)
Kosten: 59 €
Please register via this link
Whether you’re still pregnant or have already given birth, this workshop is the right place for you to learn about the following:
- Mutterschutz: what is it? How long does it last?
- Mutterschaftsgeld: are you entitled? How long does it last? How much is it? How can you request it?
- Elternzeit: what does it entails? When and how should you apply? How long can you take Elternzeit? What is the different between Elterngeld and Elternzeit?
- Elterngeld: what is it? How is Elterngeld calculated? What happends if you work and have some income whilst claiming Elterngeld? What shoudl you consider when applying?
- Examples of how to split the Elterngeld between the parents
The course is organized as a series of explanatory videos discussing one topic at a time. You can view the videos in one setting or over the course of several days / weeks. You have the option to stop the videos, view them several times, etc.
I have also provided a video showing you several real-life examples of how some of my clients have split their Elterngeld.
In addition to the videos, I have included a number of information sheets summarizing information about the various topics. The course also includes checklists for the supporting documents you need to prepare for the various applications. Templates to apply for parental leave, tips and tricks of what to consider when making your plans complete the course.
This course is for you if:
- You are an expat / international person living in Germany
- You and / or your partner are expecting a baby
- You don’t speak much German and are lost as to what needs to be done with regards to maternity and parental leave
- You don’t have a lot of time to trail through the internet to find all the answers
- You want to be able to get everything done in your own time and schedule
This course is offered by Baby in Berlin, Germany’s maternity concierge for international parents, offering help and advice for your pregnancy, birth and early family years.