English classes and workshopsHaving a baby in Germany (english)
Kosten: 59 €
Please register via this link
Whether you’re planning on getting pregnant in Germany soon or in the middle of your pregnancy already, this workshop is the right place for you to learn about the following:
- Gynecologists & medical exams in the pregnancy
- Midwives: what are the various types of midwives, how do I find one?
- Birth places & Doulas
- Birth preparation courses
- Father declaration & custody rights agreement
- Kindergeld & Kinderzuschlag
- Baby’s birth certificate, naming law
- Immigration & passport
- Health insurance options for your child
- Post-partum and post-birth courses
- Pediatrician and U-Heft
- Where to go when your baby is sick and the sick child pay allowance
The course is organized as a series of explanatory on-demand videos discussing one topic at a time. You can view the videos in one setting or over the course of several days / weeks. You have the option to stop the videos, view them several times, etc.
I have also taped a video showing you how to fill in the application for the Kindergeld so you know what to put in which field. In addition to the videos, I have included a number of checklists (how to find a midwife, which documents are needed for each procedure etc). The course also includes the application forms for Kindergeld in English with a list of the required supporting documents. I also give you a number of useful websites and a to-do list so you don’t miss a single important task.
This course is for you if:
- You are an expat / international person living in Germany
- You and / or your partner are expecting a baby
- You don’t speak much German and are lost as to what needs to be done when in the pregnancy
- You don’t have a lot of time to trail through the internet to find all the answers
- You want to be able to get everything done in your own time and schedule
This course is offered by Baby in Berlin, Germany’s maternity concierge for international parents, offering help and advice for your pregnancy, birth and early family years.